Yesterday, we highlighted the 11 Enduring Kitchen Ideas from the Kitchen and Bath Remodeling Show in Orlando, FL. There were some great ideas and inspiration in that article, if you are entertaining a kitchen remodel or refresh in your future. I know I was inspired by the farmhouse sink and the undermount sinks as well as the quartz countertops. If you own a condominium that still has all that builder-installed stuff…and are looking to make your home stand out now (to enjoy yourself) but to make it stand out against the competition when you get ready to sell it, then you might find some great ideas in that article.
10 Bathroom Trends
Today, we turn to that OTHER part of the home that gets lots of attention when it comes to remodeling….the Bathroom! Many of us probably fly through the bathroom in our morning rush to get to work. But what if you DID have that relaxing soaking tub where you could lounge with a glass of wine and unwind? Or that fabulous multi-head shower that will make sure ALL of you gets wet! Again, this is another area in your home or condominium that can certainly wow a potential buyer if its not the same as “the guy down the hall” has!
We still go with the idea that you need to have a bathtub if you only have one bathroom, but if it’s for you, then make it right. Just remember, later there might be that single female (or male) that really wants a tub to soak in after a hard workout or to nurse a sports injury, and your home won’t have it.
So what are the 10 Bathroom Trends?
- Contemporary and transitional style ( we saw that in kitchens as well)
- Wood vanities (the look like a freestanding piece of furniture)
- Engineered quartz countertops (another kitchen carryover)
- Shades of Gray — what, no more yellow bathrooms?
- Porcelain and stone floor tiles (I personally love the ones that look like wood flooring!)
- Nickel faucets (please send that brass packing…but it still seems to be there too!)
- Undermount Sinks — makes sense as bathroom counter space always seems to be at a premium – especially in a condo bathroom
- Freestanding tubs — now what did I just say above?
- LED lighting – hmmmmm
- Integrated technology — love the idea of my shower turning on at a predetermined temperature!
Here is more information from Houzz about the 10 Bathroom Trends!