You’ve listed your home For Sale…and we want to SELL it as fast as possible. Here are 10 Tips to Improve Your House’s Curb Appeal that will help get those people IN the front door.
- Give your entry a facelift with either a new front door, or a new coat of paint or stain and varnish
- Don’t forget to landscape your yard! A well groomed lawn and edged curb shows buyers that the home is well cared for. This “curb appeal” will make the Buyer stop, or quickly make they say, ‘Ah, never mind this one looks rough from the outside.’
- Make sure all exterior lights are in working order a replace all outdoor lightbulbs
- Wash all the windows (INside and OUTside) – you don’t want to take away from a view, or have the buyer just looking at dirty windows.
- Clean out your garage! (if you have one, if not your carport and storage space) Consider getting a storage unit to sore any non-essential items. You’ve seen those POD containers before! Now it’s your turn to get one!
- Add a pop of seasonal color to the landscape beds and a planter or two at the front door. Remember, while the agent is accessing the lockbox, the Buyer is looking things over. Give them GOOD things to look at!
- Remove any lawn ornaments that you will be taking with you. Let they Buyer see what they can do, and not think about how they want your things in their new yard!
- Replace a worn out Welcome Mat to welcome the potential Buyers as they enter your home.
- Paint or replace the street numbers on the house, making them more visible.
- Power wash any outdoor surfaces to give them a ‘like new’ feel (i.e. siding, sidewalks, driveways patios)
There can always be other things we can point out as we tour your home. You have to remember this home is now a house. You are packing up your memories and taking them with you. Our goal now is to make that happen. Let these 10 Tips to Improve Your House’s Curb Appeal help you get ready to move!
If you are considering selling your Midtown, Buckhead, Brookhaven, or Chamblee home, we would be delighted to meet with you, tour your home and talk out our Marketing plans! We are just a call or click away!